Clover Park hosted its first baseball game in 1988. The stadium is home to the St. Lucie Mets. It is also home for spring training for the New York Mets and minor league operations for the club as well. When the stadium is not used for baseball games, Clover Park hosts religious services, festivals, concerts, and other events.

Thousands of visitors attend events and games at Clover Park each year. Unfortunately, accidents and injuries happen. If you are injured at Clover Park, knowing what steps to take to protect your legal rights is important.

Steps to take after an injury at Clover Park include:

Seek Medical Treatment

Prompt medical treatment is essential to protect your health. Timely medical care also supports a personal injury case. Medical documentation is necessary to prove that your injuries were sustained at the stadium. Keep copies of all medical records and bills.

Report the Injury to St. Lucie County

St. Lucie County operates Clover Park. Ask for someone in the management office so you can file a report for a slip and fall accident or other injury. Ask for a copy of the written report created at the stadium. You should also follow up with a notice of claim to St. Lucie County.

Document the Accident Scene

Take photographs and videos of the area where your injury occurred. Ensure that your photos and videos capture the reason for your injury. For example, take pictures of the wiring on the floor if you tripped over exposed wiring. Ask eyewitnesses to give you their names and contact numbers.

Contact a Port St. Lucie Personal Injury Lawyer

You may consider consulting with a Port St. Lucie personal injury attorney. Your claim for an injury at Clove Park will be against a government entity. Claims against government entities have different rules than personal injury claims against individuals and private entities.

Filing a Claim for an Injury at Clover Park in Port St. Lucie

Because the county manages Clover Park, you must follow the procedure for filing a claim against a government entity. First, you must file a claim with the Florida Division of Risk Management. The form you file with the state requires you to provide:

  • The date and location of the accident
  • The details of how the accident occurred
  • A description of your injuries
  • A list of your damages
  • Your identifying information (i.e., name, address, contact number, Social Security number, etc.)

The information on this form is the basis of your injury claim. Therefore, you want to be cautious when you complete the form. You might want to consult with an attorney before submitting the form to avoid mistakes that could hurt your case.

The notice must be delivered by mail. It is wise to send the notice by certified mail, a return receipt is requested to have proof that you filed the notice on time.

The state has 180 days to investigate the injury claim and respond. The state should notify you of the decision.

The state may make a settlement offer to resolve your claim. If the offer compensates you fairly for your injuries, you can accept the claim. Accepting the claim means you give up the right to file a lawsuit.

If the state denies your claim or 180 days have passed, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the state.

Damages Available for an Injury at Clover Park in Port St. Lucie, FL

When you file a claim for injuries at the stadium, you can seek compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. These damages can include:

  • The cost of medical treatment and care, including doctor’s bills, surgeries, hospitalizations, and rehabilitative therapy
  • Emotional distress and mental anguish
  • Pain and suffering
  • Out-of-pocket expenses, including personal care and household services
  • Loss of income, including lost wages, future earning capacity, and benefits
  • Impairments, disabilities, scarring, and disfigurement
  • Diminished quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life

When you sue a government entity in Florida, your compensation for damages is capped. State law caps damages in a government tort claim to $200,000 against a single government agency and $300,000 against multiple government agencies.

Get Help if You Are Injured at Clover Park in Port St. Lucie

Tort claims involving government entities can be challenging to pursue. Call a personal injury lawyer for a free consultation if you have questions or need help with a claim. 

Contact Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers For Help Today

For more information, please contact the StuartPort St. Lucie, or Palm Beach Gardens personal injury law firm of Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers to schedule a free consultation today.

We proudly serve Martin County,  St. Lucie CountyPalm Beach County, and its surrounding areas in Florida:

Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers
73 SW Flagler Ave
Stuart, FL 34994

(772) 444-7000

Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Port St. Lucie
1100 SW St. Lucie West Blvd. Ste 202
Port St Lucie, FL 34986

(772) 247-3374