KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers | November 8, 2023 | Car Accidents
If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident, you may have many questions and concerns. For instance, you might think about the value of your case and wonder how much you could realistically secure in a settlement agreement.
Knowing how much your case is worth is key to getting a favorable settlement to compensate you for your accident-related losses. A Florida car accident attorney can evaluate your damages and help you obtain the best possible case result.
Is There an Average Settlement Amount For Car Accidents in Florida?
It’s common to wonder what the average settlement is for car accident cases. But in reality, there isn’t an average amount you could expect to receive. Every auto accident is different, and the specifics of the situation vary. The value of your case is dependent on the exact details of your collision, including your resulting injuries, property damage, and losses.
Car accident settlements can range from a few thousand dollars to millions. The more severe the outcome of a collision, the more a crash victim could expect to receive.
Car Accident Settlement Examples
The following personal injury settlement examples could give you an idea of how much cases can be settled for:
- $500,000: A settlement a bicyclist received for his injuries after being hit by a car.
- $600,000: A settlement for a case involving a driver hit by another vehicle, sustaining serious neck injuries.
- $800,000: A settlement for a couple injured in a rear-end collision.
- Over $1 million: A settlement for a car accident victim forced to undergo neck surgery as a result of their injuries.
- Over $6 million: A settlement for an auto collision victim who sustained grave injuries.
These are merely examples meant to exhibit how much auto collision cases could settle for. Because car accident settlement payouts are based on your circumstances, a knowledgeable lawyer can review the details of your collision to determine how much you could get for your case.
Factors Affecting Auto Collision Settlements
To accurately calculate your damages, your car accident attorney must thoroughly review several details that significantly impact the value of your claim.
These factors include, but are not limited to:
- The types of injuries you sustain
- The severity of your accident injuries
- How your injuries have and will impact your health and life
- Whether your injuries have or will impact your ability to earn a living
- How your injuries have affected your mental and emotional health
- The total cost of your medical bills
- Whether you’ll need medical care for your collision injuries in the future
- Any other monetary or non-monetary losses you suffer after your accident
Many factors, like your injuries, will leave you with compensation that’s higher or lower than the average settlement. For car accident back and neck injury cases, for example, you would expect to receive less than you might for a traumatic brain injury or a spinal cord injury. But it all depends on your specific circumstances.
Medical treatment can also impact the value of your case, which is why victims wonder things like, “How much does steroid injection increase settlement in Florida?” The more treatment you need, the more your case may be worth.
Calculating your damages can be particularly challenging, but it’s a necessary process. Your car accident attorney can total your damages to ensure you get full and fair compensation.
Securing a Favorable Settlement For Your Florida Car Accident Case
If you’re injured in a car accident, you want to make sure you obtain the right settlement to cover your expenses and losses. An experienced Florida car accident lawyer is your best ally, doing everything necessary to protect your rights and fight for a beneficial auto accident settlement.
CONTACT THE CAR ACCIDENT LAW FIRM OF KIBBEY WAGNER, PLLC IN Stuart FOR HELP TODAY
We proudly serve Martin County and its surrounding areas:
KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers – Stuart
73 SW Flagler Ave
Stuart, FL 34994