Were you recently injured due to another party’s actions in Palm City, FL? Whether you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident, by a defective product, or due to dangerous property conditions, Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Stuart can help.
Our Palm City personal injury lawyers have 80 years of combined experience helping injured people seek justice. Since we opened our law firm in 2014, we’ve secured over $200 million for our deserving clients.
If you need help pursuing compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and suffering, contact our experienced attorneys at (772) 444-7000. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to provide guidance and determine whether you have a valid personal injury claim.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me After an Accident in Palm City, FL?
No matter what or who caused your injury, you will probably face multiple hurdles when seeking a financial recovery. Most times, an insurance company is involved. An adjuster may seem friendly, but their primary goal is to pay as little as possible to claimants.
Before signing a settlement agreement, discuss your claim with an experienced Palm City personal injury attorney at Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Stuart. We can advise whether the offer is fair to ensure you take home the amount you deserve under Florida law.
If you hire our experienced attorneys after being injured in Palm City, Florida, we’ll help by:
- Investigating your accident to identify crucial elements, such as how it happened and who is liable
- Collecting evidence – such as accident reports, eyewitness statements, medical records, surveillance footage, and more – to prove your case
- Calculating the full extent of your losses, including future damages
- Negotiating a fair settlement with opposing parties
- Representing you in court proceedings if we cannot settle for a fair amount
Do you want to learn more about an attorney-client relationship? Call today for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Palm City, FL.
How Common Are Accidents in Martin County, FL?
One of the most common ways Floridians sustain injuries is in auto accidents.
They also involved:
- 77 bicycle crashes
- 78 motorcycle crashes
- 61 pedestrian accidents
As of July 15, 2023, the county has experienced 1,546 collisions, which injured 995 people and killed 8.
Our Law Firm Handles All Personal Injury Cases in Palm City, Florida
At Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Stuart, our experienced Palm City accident attorneys handle all types of personal injury cases, including those involving:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
- Wrongful death
- Product liability
- Dog attacks and bites
- Slip and fall accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability
- Workplace accidents
Regardless of how you were injured, we can help you hold the negligent party financially accountable. Contact our law office today to learn more.
How to Get to Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Stuart From Palm City, FL
Public Transport Directions
How Much Is My Palm City Personal Injury Case Worth?
The value of your Palm City personal injury claim will depend on various factors, as every case involves unique victims and circumstances.
We’ll need to know answers to the following questions when evaluating your case value:
- What medical costs have you incurred? Do you require ongoing care?
- Have you missed time from work? What is the value of your lost income?
- Did you contribute in any way to the accident?
- What types of injuries have you suffered, and how severe are they?
- Are you permanently disabled, impaired, or disfigured?
- Have you suffered physical pain and/or emotional trauma?
- Does insurance cover the accident? What are the policy limits?
These and various other factors must be examined when determining what your case is worth. Our Palm City injury lawyers will assess your damages and accurately value your claim.
What Damages Are Available After an Accident in Palm City, FL?
Under Florida personal injury law, victims can seek compensation for the full range of their losses.
Economic damages represent the financial impact of the accident and your injuries, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Future healthcare needs, such as continuing treatment and follow-ups
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning potential
- Property damage, including damaged personal belongings
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Your personal, harder-to-value losses are known as non-economic damages, which might include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and PTSD
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Chronic pain
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
If the defendant acted intentionally or recklessly in causing your injury, you may also be eligible for punitive damages. The court awards this compensation to punish a defendant for their conduct and to deter similar behavior in the future.
How Do I Prove My Palm City Personal Injury Claim?
Some cases, such as those involving product liability or dog bites, are based on strict liability. Others may arise due to intentional torts, which have distinct elements to prove. However, the vast majority of personal injury cases are based on negligence.
To prove that the other party negligently caused your injuries, you’ll need to demonstrate the following:
- They owed you a duty of care, such as the duty to drive carefully to avoid causing collisions and injuries
- They breached their duty by acting unreasonably under the circumstances, such as by driving under the influence
- The breach of duty directly caused your injuries. For example, you wouldn’t have sustained injuries if the other party hadn’t driven while intoxicated.
- You sustained damages due to the other party’s actions, such as chronic pain, medical bills, and lost income.
So, how do you prove these elements? You’ll need evidence.
The evidence required will differ from case to case but may include:
- Medical records proving the extent of your injuries
- Police or accident reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Employment records to prove lost wages and job benefits
- Surveillance, videos, and photos of the accident
- Expert witness opinions
- Physical evidence, such as torn clothing
Our personal injury attorneys in Palm City know how to identify and gather the evidence needed to successfully prove liability. Call us today so that we can start building a strong case in your favor.
What If I’m Blamed for My Accident in Palm City?
That means if your share of blame for a Palm City accident exceeds 50%, you’re prevented from recovering money from the other party. If your apportioned liability is 50% or less, your damage award will be reduced accordingly.
For example, a jury finds you 30% responsible for a pedestrian accident. The defendant would only be liable for 70% of your damages. If you had been found to be 51% at fault, the defendant would owe you nothing.
If you’re being blamed for your accident in Palm City, be sure to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. The other party must prove that you share fault, and they need evidence to do so. We’ll protect you from unsubstantiated allegations of shared blame.
We’ll Fight for Compensation for All of Your Injuries
At Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Stuart, we’ve helped victims who have sustained all types of injuries, including:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Spinal cord damage
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Chest injuries
- Psychological injuries, such as fear and anxiety
Our Palm City accident lawyers will pursue compensation for all of your injuries. Call today to get started.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Martin County, Florida?
Most Martin County personal injury lawyers – including the attorneys at Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Stuart – take cases on a contingency fee basis. That means you won’t owe any upfront fees to secure legal representation.
You will only pay attorney’s fees if we successfully obtain compensation for you. Our fees will be deducted from the amount we recover. We can further explain our payment structure during your free consultation.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
Most Florida personal injury cases have a two-year deadline to file. That means you’ll have two years from the date of your Palm City accident to take legal action. You’ll have two years from the victim’s date of death if you’re filing a wrongful death case.
However, there may be exceptions to this statute of limitations. That’s why it’s crucial to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The sooner we start gathering evidence and talking to witnesses, the stronger your case will be.
Schedule a Free Case Review With Our Palm City Personal Injury Lawyers
If you were injured by another party’s negligence or wrongdoing in Palm City, FL, they should be held accountable for your losses. The legal team at Kibbey Wagner Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Stuart will fight to prove your case and obtain the financial recovery you deserve.
Contact our law office today to schedule a free initial consultation with our Palm City personal injury attorneys. We’ll discuss your legal options and honestly assess the validity of your claim.
Find out more about our office location. We serve in all cities near Stuart, FL.