Personal injury law covers a wide variety of accidents and incidents that result in at least one person being injured. Injuries range from minor aches and sprains to catastrophic injuries and life-threatening conditions.
At KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, our lawyers handle all types of personal injury cases in Port Salerno, FL. Our primary goal is to recover the maximum compensation available for your claim. We also strive to reduce the stress level you might experience as you navigate a personal injury case.
Our top-rated Florida personal injury attorneys at KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers have more than 40 years of experience between them. They handle complicated personal injury cases and win. Our law firm has won millions of dollars in life-changing settlements and verdicts for our clients.
We are highly skilled negotiators and fierce trial lawyers. Attorney Jordan Wagner is certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar, something accomplished by only 1% of Florida attorneys.
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee. Instead of paying our legal fees up front, you pay nothing until we recover a financial award in your case. Call KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers today at (772) 444-7000 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Port Salerno personal injury attorneys.
How KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You With a Personal Injury Wrongful Death Claim in Port Salerno
Experience and a successful track record matter when you hire a Port Salerno personal injury law firm. At KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, we have a Perfect 10.0 score from Avvo. In addition, our Port Salerno personal injury lawyers have received numerous honors and awards.
Our lawyers have been recognized by prestigious national organizations, including The National Trial Lawyers, Expertise, and Super Lawyers. Our lawyers have been featured on NBC News, Good Morning America, The Boston Globe, and WPTV.
When you hire our award-winning attorneys at KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, you can trust that we will:
- Focus resources on an independent investigation to determine how you were injured and identify all responsible parties
- File insurance claims and notice of claims to protect your right to pursue all causes of action
- Work with experts to gather additional information that supports your claim
- Prepare to negotiate for a top-dollar amount after carefully documenting your damages to calculate how much your case is worth
- File a lawsuit and argue your case before a jury, if necessary
Call now to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Port Salerno, Florida. Our team is available to speak with you 24/7 to discuss your case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Port Salerno, Florida
A personal injury case involves an injury to one person by another party. The at-fault party typically disputes fault for causing the victim’s injuries. Therefore, the parties are in an adversarial dispute regarding who is liable for damages.
KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers is a leading personal injury law firm in the area. Our Port Salerno personal injury attorneys have extensive experience handling all types of cases. A few of our primary practice areas include:
- Automobile accidents, including crashes involving trucks, cars, buses, motorcycles, pedestrians, and bicyclists
- Brain injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
- Boating accidents
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace accidents
- Product liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Premises liability
Call our law firm for a free consultation with an attorney if another party injures you. Even if your case is not listed above, we are confident we can help you get the money you deserve after a tragic accident or injury.
What Is the Personal Injury Claims Process in Port Salerno, FL?
Each personal injury case is unique and has its own timeline based on the circumstances of the case. However, most personal injury cases follow the same general progression from beginning through end.
Steps in the personal injury claims process include:
- Sustain an injury or be involved in an accident caused by another party.
- Contact a personal injury law firm for a free consultation. Hire a personal injury attorney or represent yourself.
- File an insurance claim with the company that covers the accident or injury.
- Investigate the cause of your injury to gather evidence proving causation, fault, and damages.
- Build a strong case based on evidence proving the other party was at fault and is legally liable for damages.
- Complete medical treatment and obtain an impairment rating from the doctor.
- Calculate the value of your damages.
- Prepare and send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company detailing the facts of the case, the applicable law, and your damages.
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company.
- File a personal injury lawsuit and proceed to court if the parties refuse to settle.
- Reach a settlement before trial or go to trial.
Most personal injury cases are settled before filing a lawsuit or before going to trial. Only a small number of cases go to trial.
How Do I Prove Another Party Is Responsible for My Injuries?
Florida requires that the plaintiff (the injured party) prove their cause by a preponderance of the evidence. In other words, you must have sufficient evidence to convince a jury there is more than a 50% chance your explanation of how the injury occurred is true.
Many personal injury cases are based on negligence. Those cases require you to prove:
- The party who hurt you owed you a legal duty of care
- The party failed to act with reasonable care, which constituted a breach of duty
- The party’s conduct was the direct and proximate cause of the injury
- You incurred harm and damages
Negligence can be challenging to prove in some cases. Furthermore, your case might involve a more complicated cause of action.
Our Port Salerno personal injury lawyers with KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers are ready and prepared to take up this fight for you.
What Damages Are Available for a Port Salerno Personal Injury Case?
The damages you receive for a car accident are intended to compensate you for the financial losses, pain, and suffering you experienced because of your injury. Therefore, you can claim reimbursement for your economic damages, including:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitative therapies
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Long-term skilled care
- Reduction in earning capacity
You may also demand compensation for your non-economic damages. These damages are not tied to a specific amount. Instead, we base their value on the severity of your injuries and how they impact your daily life. Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Mental anguish
In a few personal injury cases, juries award punitive damages to punish and deter the defendant. Punitive damages are only available when you can prove the defendant’s conduct rose to the level of gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
We’ll review your case and analyze every factor to maximize your recovery, including pursuing all sources of compensation for your personal injury case.
Can I Receive Compensation for My Injuries if I’m Partially To Blame for Causing an Accident in Florida?
Florida adopted a modified contributory fault law as of March 24, 2023. If you are more than 50% to blame for causing your injuries, you cannot recover compensation for your damages.
For example, suppose that a jury awarded you $600,000 for a bicycle accident in Port Salerno. However, the jurors determined that you were 10% to blame for causing the crash. Under contributory fault laws, you would only receive 90% of the monetary award of $540,000.
Allegations of contributory fault are often used to undervalue or deny insurance claims. Limiting conversations with insurance adjusters and claims representatives is best until you can speak with a Port Salerno personal injury lawyer.
If you talk to an insurance adjuster, do not admit fault and refrain from answering questions that seem more like a friendly conversation than related to the car accident.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Filing Personal Injury Lawsuits in Port Salerno, FL?
A statute of limitations sets deadlines for filing claims and lawsuits. Florida’s statute of limitations for most personal injury claims and wrongful death lawsuits is two years from the injury date. However, cases involving strict liability and intentional torts could have longer deadlines.
The type of case, the parties involved, and other factors can shorten or lengthen the time to file a claim or personal injury lawsuit. Therefore, it is best to seek legal advice as soon as possible after you are involved in an accident or sustain a personal injury. One of our Port Salerno personal injury attorneys can review your case for free to calculate how long you have to file your claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Port Salerno Personal Injury Lawyers
You do not have to face this battle alone. You can have the resources, skills, and experience of top-rated personal injury lawyers on your side. Contact our law firm at (772) 444-7000 to request a free case review from one of our experienced Port Salerno personal injury attorneys.