Did you sustain injuries after a bicycle accident in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida? If so, there’s a strong possibility you have a claim to pursue against the at-fault party. You can receive compensation for your pain and suffering, emotional distress, financial expenses, and much more.
At KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, our Palm Beach Gardens bicycle accident lawyers have more than 40 years of combined experience. We’ve obtained over $60 million for our deserving clients handling car accidents, Palm Beach Gardens motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, Palm Beach Gardens wrongful death cases, and more.
If you utilize our legal services after a bicycle accident, we’ll zealously represent your interests while you focus on your recovery.
How KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, Can Help After a Bicycle Accident in Palm Beach Gardens
A bicyclist rarely walks away from a collision with a motor vehicle unscathed. The sheer force and speed with which an automobile can travel, combined with the lack of protection bicycles offer, can be terrifying. The cyclist will likely endure the brunt of the crash, potentially altering their lives forever.
If this describes what happened to you, you deserve maximum compensation that makes you whole again as best as possible. Hiring KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers means you’ll put an award-winning legal team on your side that has garnered recognition locally and nationally. One of our founding attorneys is also a former insurance defense lawyer, affording us a leg up at the negotiating table. Our Palm Beach Gardens personal injury lawyers can help after a bicycle crash by:
- Evaluating all of your damages and demanding fair compensation from the responsible party
- Working with leading experts, if needed, to bolster your claim even further
- Handling the procedures involved in your claim, such as the paperwork and communications with the other side
- If the at-fault party refuses to offer an adequate settlement agreement, filing a lawsuit and bringing your case to a Palm Beach County courthouse
To learn more about how we can help after a bicycle accident in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, call us today to schedule your free case evaluation.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Palm Beach County?
Data from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) represents all motor vehicle, pedestrian, and bicycle accidents for each county in the state. The numbers are as follows for Palm Beach County in recent years:
- 2022: 480 crashes and 14 fatalities
- 2021: 424 crashes and 8 fatalities
- 2020: 373 crashes and 12 fatalities
- 2019: 428 crashes and 5 fatalities
- 2018: 422 crashes and 6 fatalities
Based on these figures, there is at least one bicycle accident per day in Palm Beach County, on average.
Why Do Bicycle Accidents Occur in Palm Beach Gardens, FL?
In many cases, bicycle accidents occur for the same reasons as motor vehicle accidents. Most crashes aren’t the rider’s fault, but that is not true in all instances. Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, include:
- Distracted driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Drunk or intoxicated driving or riding
- Poor weather conditions
- Insufficient lane markings or signage
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Failing to check blind spots
- Speeding, tailgating, and other aggressive maneuvers
- Improper lane changes
- Poor lighting and roadway defects
Regardless of why your accident took place, you might have a valid compensation claim to submit. Contact our trusted Palm Beach Gardens bicycle accident attorneys today for information about your legal rights and options.
How Much Is My Palm Beach Gardens Bicycle Accident Claim Worth?
Personal injury claims vary widely in value, and bicycle accidents are no exception. Sometimes, it can require hiring experts to understand the extent of an accident victim’s damages. No two cases are completely alike in their facts, so each has a unique value. Factors that may factor into the equation include:
- Availability of evidence
- Age of the victim
- Insurance policy terms and conditions
- Nature of the at-fault party
- Type and severity of the victim’s injuries
The bicycle accident cases involving the most catastrophic injuries tend to be worth the most. However, other factors can outweigh that consideration in some instances.
For insight specific to your case, we recommend contacting us to schedule your free case evaluation. We can provide you with a more accurate assessment at that time.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Bicycle Accident in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida?
Florida law allows you to recover two primary types of damages after a bicycle accident: economic and non-economic.
Any financial losses you may have experienced due to the crash make up your economic damages claim. Examples include:
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Medical bills
- Decreased earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
The other losses you’ve incurred represent your non-economic damages claim. These include things like:
Often, non-economic damages are the most substantial part of the overall personal injury claim.
We Can Fight for Compensation That Reflects All of Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
As discussed above, bicycle accidents can cause the rider to experience extremely debilitating injuries. These can include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputations, paralysis, and other catastrophic injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Organ damage and internal bleeding
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Road rash
- Puncture wounds and lacerations
- Chest injuries
- Leg injuries
- Nerve damage
- The wrongful death of a loved one
Our Palm Beach Gardens personal injury attorneys are here to help you through this difficult time to the best of our ability. If you hire us, we’ll work hard to maximize your compensation claim and keep you up-to-date on your case’s progress at all times.
What if I’m Partially To Blame for My Bicycle Crash in Palm Beach Gardens?
The State of Florida allows you to recover compensation after an accident, even if you share some blame. It allows this via its modified comparative negligence standard.
With modified comparative negligence, you will be assigned a percentage of fault for the accident, and your damages award may be reduced proportionately. But you can’t recover damages if you are mostly at fault. For instance, we’ll assume you were assigned 30% of the blame and were awarded $100,000. Based on Florida law, that award could be reduced by 30% to $70,000.
Even though this is one of the more victim-friendly stances on the issue of contributory fault, the responsible party can still dramatically reduce their liability for your claim if they successfully blame you. This is one area where having an experienced Palm Beach Gardens bicycle accident lawyer on your side can make a significant difference.
How Do I Prove Negligence in My Palm Beach Gardens Bicycle Accident Case?
Most bicycle accident cases in Palm Beach Gardens are founded on negligence claims. Negligence is a legal term that means something similar to “carelessness.” A person is negligent when they violate a duty of care and cause another person to suffer harm as a result of their actions or inactions.
As the personal injury victim, you will have the burden of proof to satisfy each element of negligence “by a preponderance of the evidence.” In other words, you must submit enough evidence to show that it is more likely true than otherwise that the at-fault party was liable for your injuries.
Acceptable evidence for a bicycle accident claim may include:
- Medical records
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert testimony and analysis
- Photo and video footage of the crash or crash scene
If you hire KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, we can gather evidence on your behalf and submit your negligence claim to the responsible party. From there, we can negotiate with the intent to arrive at a settlement that accurately reflects your damages.
How Long Do I Have To File a Claim After a Bicycle Accident in Florida?
Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases, including bicycle accidents, is now two years in most instances due to a recent change in the law. However, if your accident occurred before 3/24/2023, you’ll have four years instead. And if you need to file a wrongful death claim on behalf of a loved one, you will have two years.
Note that there are exceptions to these deadlines that may apply to your case. It is best to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to ensure you have the correct timeline in mind for your situation.
Schedule a Free Case Assessment With a Trusted Palm Beach Gardens Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicycle accidents can be traumatizing events for the victim and their family members. If you’ve suffered an injury after a bike crash in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, consider hiring KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, to represent your interests.
We can handle the entirety of your claim with the utmost dedication and allocation of resources. Our Palm Beach Gardens bicycle accident attorneys work on contingency, so we only receive attorney’s fees after we settle or win your case.
Call us today at (561) 944-4000 to schedule your free consultation with one of our trusted lawyers.
Our personal injury law firm in Palm Beach Gardens, FL also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Palm Beach Gardens Bicycle Accident Resources:
- Florida’s Pedestrian and Bicycle Strategic Safety Plan (PBSSP) and Coalition – Seven Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
- Florida’s Bike Signs – Seven Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
- Tips On How To Use Transportation Options In Florida – Seven Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
- Bicycle Safety – Florida’s Pedestrian & Bicycle-Focused Initiative
Highly Rated Bicycle Shops Near Us:
- REI – 11701 Lake Victoria Gardens Ave Suite 1101, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
- Bike Boutique – PBG – 11940 US-1 Unit 128, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33408
- Trek Bicycle Store Palm Beach Gardens – 11221 US-1, North Palm Beach, FL 33408
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Palm Beach Gardens Bicycle Accident Review:
Read more of our Google Review here.