Did you sustain injuries in an accident involving a large commercial truck in Palm Beach Gardens, FL? You may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries. An experienced Palm Beach Gardens truck accident lawyer at Kibbey Wagner, PLLC can assess your case value and help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Our lawyers have over 40 years of combined experience helping accident victims stand up to insurance companies. Since 2014, we’ve helped injured clients recover over $60 million in compensation awards in cases involving car accidents, Palm Beach Gardens bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death cases, and more.
How Can Kibbey Wagner, PLLC Help With My Truck Accident Claim in Palm Beach Gardens?
Truck accident victims often suffer severe injuries. If you were injured in a truck accident in Palm Beach Gardens, you may be left wondering how you’ll pay the bills and support your family while you recover. You deserve to hold the person responsible for the crash accountable.
Insurance companies, on the other hand, will go to work quickly to try to downplay your injuries. An experienced Palm Beach Gardens personal injury lawyer can help.
At Kibbey Wagner, PLLC, one of our founding attorneys is board-certified in civil trial law. Our lawyers have been recognized by Super Lawyers and earned a “Superb” rating on Avvo.
When you hire us, we’ll fight to protect you by:
- Independently investigating to gather evidence about your accident
- Calculating the fair value of your injury claim
- Demanding fair compensation from anyone who was responsible
- Hiring experts to offer insight into complex aspects of your case
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement deal
Don’t wait too long to get legal advice after a truck collision. Call our experienced Palm Beach Gardens personal injury attorneys today.
Are Truck Accidents Common in Palm Beach Gardens, FL?
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident involving a semi-truck, tractor-trailer, or big rig, you’re not alone.
According to data provided by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 4,842 large trucks were involved in fatal trucking accidents across the United States in 2020. 107,000 truck accidents caused at least one injury that year. Another 327,000 truck accidents caused property damage only.
In the state of Florida, 292 people lost their lives in truck accidents in a single year. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), at least 597 people were injured in truck accidents statewide in 2020.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover in My Palm Beach Gardens Truck Crash Case?
It’s common to wonder how much your personal injury case is worth. When trying to decide whether to accept a settlement offer, it’s important to remember that no two claims are exactly alike. That’s why it’s a good idea to have an experienced lawyer review your case and help assess your case value.
The value of your case will depend on multiple different factors, including:
- The nature of your injuries
- Whether you will suffer any long-term or permanent disability
- The cost of your medical care, rehab, and other expenses
- Your lost wages during recovery
- How the injury impacts your future earning potential
- Damage to your emotional well-being and mental health
- Physical pain and suffering
- The strength of your negligence case
- Whether your acts contributed to the accident in any way
Of course, putting a dollar value on things like pain and suffering can be incredibly difficult. You won’t have receipts to back up these elements of your case. If you suffered serious or catastrophic injuries, it can be tough to calculate your financial losses, too. That’s because you may require ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation for months or years after your case is settled.
Our lawyers often bring in experts and specialists to help anticipate the cost of your future care. With access to these experts, you greatly increase your chances of recovering full compensation for your losses.
What Types of Damages Can Truck Accident Victims in Palm Beach Gardens Receive?
If you prove that someone else caused your truck crash, you can recover compensation to cover economic losses and your more personal, subjective losses. Our goal is to help you recover every dollar available under Florida personal injury laws.
Examples of the types of compensation you may recover include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and diminished future earning potential
- In-home assistance and nursing care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium and damage to relationships
In fatal accident cases, our Palm Beach Gardens truck accident attorneys can help you fight to recover compensation for burial costs, loss of financial support, and loss of your loved one’s company.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Partly At Fault for a Truck Accident in Florida?
Many accident victims think they can’t recover compensation if they share some of the blame. In Florida, that’s not true.
Florida follows modified comparative fault laws. If you share some of the blame, your compensation is reduced in proportion to your percentage of fault. So, if you were 40% responsible, you can recover 60% of your compensation. However, if you are mostly at fault (51%), you cannot recover any money.
It’s important to minimize your share of fault if you’re partly responsible. Otherwise, you could be left on the hook for damages sustained by others in the crash. To learn more about how our lawyers in Palm Beach Gardens can fight for you, call for a free case review today.
Our Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Fair Compensation for All of Your Truck Accident Injuries
Trucks are large and difficult to maneuver. They can also be heavy and loaded with dangerous cargo. That means they have the potential to inflict significant damage in a car accident.
Our lawyers at Kibbey Wagner, PLLC often represent injuries clients who have suffered:
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
We know that things can be difficult after an accident. Our attorneys are here to help in any way we can. To learn more about your legal options, call our law firm to schedule a free case evaluation today.
What Are the Leading Causes of Trucking Accidents in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida?
A truck wreck can happen in an instant. Whether you were injured in a rear-end crash, rollover, or jackknife accident, it’s important to understand the cause of your crash before pursuing compensation.
Some of the most common causes of trucking accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued truck drivers
- Failure to maintain the truck in a safe condition
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Dangerous turns
- Aggressive driving
- Passing too closely
- Violation of FMCSA hours-of-service rules and other safety regulations
- Inexperienced truck drivers
- Failure to properly secure the truck’s cargo
- Drunk driving
- Operating the truck under the influence of drugs
- Hazardous road conditions and limited visibility
- Negligent hiring practices by the trucking company
Multiple parties will likely be involved if the truck driver was responsible for the crash. That’s because most drivers are employees. Their employer, the truck company, can be held liable when the driver’s negligent behavior causes a crash.
How Do I Establish Negligence After a Truck Accident in Florida?
Truck wrecks tend to happen because someone was careless. In other words, they occur due to negligence.
To prove negligence, you must identify the responsible party and prove the following elements:
- They owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- The breach directly caused the accident
- You suffered damages or injuries
Many different types of evidence may be available to support your claim. Our lawyers will search for all available evidence, including:
- Police and accident reports
- Information about the truck driver’s commercial driver’s license
- The truck’s black box recording device, which provides data about conditions at the time of the accident
- Video surveillance footage
- The driver’s hours-of-service log
- The truck company’s maintenance records and inspection reports
It can take time to investigate an accident. If you were involved in a truck accident in Palm Beach Gardens, call to schedule a free initial consultation.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time To File a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Florida
You only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Otherwise, you lose your right to compensation once the statute of limitations expires. There may be exceptions that affect the deadline.
That doesn’t mean you should wait years to take legal action. It’s important to start building your case as soon as possible, so give us a call to learn more about how our lawyers can help today.
Contact a Palm Beach Gardens Truck Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
You deserve an experienced Palm Beach Gardens truck accident lawyer to advocate for you if you were injured in a truck accident. Call Kibbey Wager, PLLC to learn more about our legal practice and this area of law today.
Our personal injury law firm in Palm Beach Gardens, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Car Accident Lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Palm Beach Gardens Truck Accident Resources:
- Florida’s official repository for crash records – Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- Driver Self-Crash Report in Florida – Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- Florida’s Statute of Limitations for Motor-Vehicle
Hospital & Emergency Room Near Us:
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center – 3360 Burns Rd, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
- HCA Florida Palm Beach Gardens Emergency – 4797 PGA Boulevard, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center: Emergency Room – 3360 Burns Rd, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Palm Beach Gardens Truck Accident Review
Read more of our Google Review here.