Are you struggling with a catastrophic injury due to a recent accident in Port St. Lucie, FL? If you got hurt because someone else was negligent, you may have the right to recover compensation. Contact or call KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers at (772) 247-3374. Our experienced Port St. Lucie catastrophic injury lawyers can help you fight for the financial justice you deserve.
Since 2014, our award-winning litigators have helped clients across South Florida fight back and demand accountability for their devastating injuries.
We have over 40 years of combined experience and have secured more than $60 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of accident victims involving Port St. Lucie brain injuries, construction accidents, Port St. Lucie workplace accidents, wrongful death, and more.
Put a top-rated legal team in your corner. Contact our Port St. Lucie law office to find out how we can help you get the money you deserve. Your first consultation is absolutely free, so call now.
How KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Been Catastrophically Injured in Port St. Lucie, Florida
What caused your catastrophic injury? Do you know who’s at fault? What if someone tries to blame you for your catastrophic injury?
When you are struggling with a serious, life-changing injury, the last thing you need to do is worry about figuring out the answers to these questions. But they are answers you need, so it can be important to ask for help. That’s where our Port St. Lucie personal injury attorneys come in.
At KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, we are here to be your voice and give you every opportunity to recover the compensation you deserve. With our law firm handling your case, you’ll benefit from the expertise of a former insurance defense attorney who is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law. You’ll have a team that’s gained national and local recognition for our hard work and results, including selection to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 in Florida, and Super Lawyers Rising Stars.
Simply put, insurance companies will know that you mean business and are serious about getting every cent you deserve when you choose us to handle your catastrophic injury case.
While you have the time to focus on getting better, our litigators will:
- Investigate the circumstances that led to you becoming catastrophically injured
- Speak with witnesses, analyze photographs, obtain medical records and accident reports, secure physical evidence from the scene, and assess other information related to your case
- Defend you against claims that you share responsibility for the accident
- Handle negotiations with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- Consult with respected experts and specialists throughout the claims process
- Prepare to reject lowball offers and bring your case to a jury in St. Lucie County if you aren’t offered a fair deal
At KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, we operate on a contingency fee basis. In short, you don’t pay us for our help unless we win your case. That’s right – no win, no fee, guaranteed.
Give us a call or reach out to us online to discover more about how we can help you get through this difficult time. Your first consultation is free, and a member of our compassionate team is always standing by to take your call.
What’s a Catastrophic Injury?
The term catastrophic injury doesn’t refer to one specific type of trauma. Instead, it refers to injuries that have a fundamentally adverse impact on a victim’s ability to work, live, and enjoy their life.
In other words, your life dramatically changes the moment you suffer a catastrophic injury. You may be unable to walk, talk, move a limb, work, or do simple things like breathing or using the bathroom.
Many different types of trauma can fall under the umbrella of catastrophic injury.
Some of the more common examples include:
- Amputation or loss of a limb
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Severe back injury
- Severe burn injury
- Broken bones and fractures
The more your life gets turned on its head, the more likely you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury.
If you suspect that you have suffered a catastrophic injury because of someone else’s negligence in Port St. Lucie, Florida, it is important to seek immediate legal assistance.
We Handle All Catastrophic Injury Cases in Port St. Lucie, Florida
Any sudden, unexpected trauma to the body can cause a catastrophic injury.
This can include:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Boating accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites or animal attacks
- Accidents involving dangerous or defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
Call KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers for help if you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury as a result of someone else’s negligence in Port St. Lucie, FL. We’ll listen to your story, explain your legal options, and offer the guidance and support you need right now.
What’s My Port St. Lucie Catastrophic Injury Case Worth?
As a general rule, cases involving catastrophic injuries tend to be worth more than cases involving more moderate types of trauma.
It makes sense – the financial costs associated with life-changing injuries can be quite high. For instance, the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation says that the average lifetime cost of a spinal cord injury, depending on age and severity, can be anywhere between $1.2 and $5.1 million.
Burns and amputations can also cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills and related expenses.
Then you have to factor in other things, like:
- The impact your injury has on your ability to work and earn a living
- The degree to which you’ll recover
- How you’ve been affected psychologically
- The physical pain you experience as a result of your catastrophic injury
- How old you were at the time of your accident
- How your ability to enjoy and participate in your life has changed
- Whether you share responsibility for the accident that caused you to become injured
The more extreme your injuries and suffering – and the more your life changes as a result – the more your personal injury case may be worth.
To learn more about how much money you might be able to get for your catastrophic injuries, don’t hesitate to call KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers. Our top-rated Port St. Lucie catastrophic injury attorneys are ready to help.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit if I’ve Been Catastrophically Injured in a Florida Accident?
Florida has a two-year time limit that applies to most personal injury lawsuits. So, you’ll generally have two years from the date you were injured to file a lawsuit for damages.
If you lose a family member because a catastrophic injury is ultimately fatal, you’ll also have just two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
While there are some exceptions, the important thing to know is that you will forfeit the right to file a claim once the statute of limitations expires. So, it’s essential that you speak with a qualified Port St. Lucie personal injury attorney about your rights as soon as you can after you get hurt.
What Types of Damages Can I Get If I File a Catastrophic Injury Claim?
Victims who have suffered catastrophic injuries in Port St. Lucie accidents can typically recover compensatory damages. These fall into one of two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are awarded to compensate victims for the financial costs and expenses of an unexpected injury, such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and income
- Lost benefits
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are paid to make up for the hard-to-value consequences of suffering a catastrophic injury, like:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
In limited instances, punitive damages might also be available. However, you must have clear and convincing evidence that a defendant acted intentionally or displayed a reckless disregard for your safety. This might apply in situations where a victim suffers a catastrophic injury in an auto accident with a drunk driver.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Port St. Lucie Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
A catastrophic injury, by definition, changes your life forever. Don’t let those responsible off the hook. Whether you’re fighting an insurance company, a negligent motorist, a property owner, or a huge corporation, KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers is ready to stand beside you. Contact our Port St. Lucie catastrophic injury lawyers to discover how we can help you maximize your financial recovery after your devastating accident.
Your first consultation is 100 percent free and we work on contingency, so there’s no risk in asking for our help. Give our law office in Port St. Lucie a call to get started with yours today.
Our personal injury law firm in Port St. Lucie, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Car Accident Lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL