Did you or a loved one sustain injuries in a car accident in Port St. Lucie, FL? If someone else caused the accident, you could be entitled to compensation.
An experienced Port St. Lucie car accident lawyer at Kibbey Wagner, PLLC can fight to help you recover the compensation you deserve for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
We’ve recovered over $30 million on behalf of our injured clients since we opened our doors back in 2014. We’d be proud to help you recover the money you need to get back on your feet.
How Kibbey Wagner Can Help After a Car Accident in Port St. Lucie
Insurance companies know personal injury law inside and out. It’s always a smart idea to have an experienced lawyer on your side if you want to recover the maximum compensation possible.
At Kibbey Wagner, our lawyers have over 27 years of experience between us. In that time, we’ve been recognized by Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. We’ve also earned a “superb” rating from the Avvo lawyer rating service.
When our Port St. Lucie personal injury lawyers take on your case, we will:
- Investigate and gather evidence to pinpoint the exact cause of the accident
- Locate all responsible parties
- Accurately assess the value of your personal injury case
- Protect you if the insurance company tries to blame you or pressure you into taking a lowball settlement
- Manage all communications and negotiations with the insurance companies
Getting fair compensation after a car accident is never as easy as it should be. Our Port St. Lucie car accident attorneys are dedicated to helping accident victims like you.
If you or a family member were injured or killed in a crash, call our legal team today. We work on a contingency fee basis–meaning that you never pay attorneys’ fees unless we recover compensation in your case.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Port St. Lucie?
Car accidents are extremely common in the state of Florida. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), 401,076 motor vehicle accidents were reported statewide in 2021. Those car crashes caused at least 252,860 injuries and 3,739 fatalities.
In St. Lucie County alone, 4,713 car crashes were reported in 2020. A total of 2,657 people were injured and 49 killed in fatal auto accidents. In 2021, these numbers increased as there were 5,549 car accidents reported, a total of 3,305 people were injured, and 50 people were killed. At least 15 car accidents were reported every single day in St. Lucie County that year.
As of June 2022, there have been 2,330 auto accidents reported in St. Lucie County, 1,353 injured people, and 13 fatalities.
What Is My Port St. Lucie Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of any personal injury case depends on the unique facts of the case.
We can’t give you an exact number–but we can promise to work tirelessly to recover every dollar you deserve.
Some of the most important factors that will impact the value of your case include:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- Your prognosis and anticipated recovery time
- The value of your lost wages and income
- How the injury impacts your future work prospects and quality of life
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Whether you’ll require ongoing medical care
- The strength of your negligence case
The most severe injuries tend to lead to higher settlements and verdicts. However, there are any number of factors that can impact your case value.
Insurance companies tend to focus on the factors that might reduce your award–such as whether you share any blame for the accident. One of our founding attorneys is a former insurance defense attorney. That means we’re familiar with these and other insurance scare tactics–and you can count on us to do everything possible to minimize their effectiveness.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Car Accident Victims?
Florida personal injury laws allow victims to recover compensation for their economic damages and non-economic damages.
Whether you were injured in a rear-end collision, head-on crash, or rollover, you might be entitled to seek compensatory damages for your losses.
Depending on the facts, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Lost future earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Damage to your vehicle
- Other property damage
- Out-of-pocket costs
You can also win compensation to make up for your pain and other subjective losses. Examples of these non-economic damages include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of consortium
Florida courts rarely award punitive damages. When they do, they’re awarded to punish the defendant for intentional wrongdoing. For example, if you were hurt in a drunk driving accident, punitive damages may be available to punish the drunk driver.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Car Accident in Florida?
Florida follows pure comparative fault laws. Liability is divided between everyone involved in a vehicle accident. However, sharing some of the blame won’t prevent you from recovering compensation if someone else was even 1% liable.
That doesn’t mean you should ignore allegations that you caused the accident. If you’re found partially responsible, your compensation will be reduced in proportion to your share of fault.
Let’s say you’re found to be 20% liable for causing a crash. If you’re awarded $100,000 in compensation, you’ll only be entitled to take home $80,000 of the award.
The parties responsible for your crash will probably try to pin at least some of the blame on you. If they succeed, the insurance company can get away with paying less than you deserve. Our lawyers know how to defend you if you’re being blamed for a crash. Give us a call for a free case evaluation to learn more about your legal options today.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Car Accident Injuries
If you’ve sustained serious injuries in a car crash, you could be entitled to damages from the at-fault driver.
At Kibbey Wagner, we often represent injured Florida car accident victims who have sustained:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Nerve damage
- Other head and neck injuries
- Eye injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Back injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Paralysis, including quadriplegia and paraplegia
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Don’t let the insurance company downplay the severity of your injuries. Our lawyers in Port St. Lucie have seen it all–and we know that even a “minor” injury can significantly disrupt your life.
Call our law offices in Port St. Lucie for a free case review to learn more about how we can help you fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
What Causes Most Car Accidents in Port St. Lucie, Florida?
Negligence is the root cause of most car accidents. In other words, they happen because someone was careless or reckless.
More specifically, some of the most common causes of car accidents in the state of Florida include:
- Texting while driving
- Other forms of distracted driving
- Road rage and aggressive driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Dangerous turns
- Failure to check the vehicle’s blind spots before backing up or changing lanes
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Poor weather and bad visibility
- Hazardous road conditions
- Defective vehicles or safety equipment
It’s important to identify everything that contributed to the cause of your accident–remembering that multiple factors might have played a role in the crash.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Car Accident in Florida?
Under Florida no-fault insurance laws, most car accident victims must prove negligence to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
To prove negligence, you’ll have to establish four elements, as follows:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- A breach of duty occurred
- The breach was the direct and proximate cause of the accident
- You sustained some type of damages in the crash
Many different types of evidence can be useful when it comes to proving negligence. Our lawyers will search for:
- Video footage and dash cam videos
- Cell phone records
- Toxicology records
- Police reports
- Medical records
You can count on us to locate the strong evidence you need to prove your case. That way, you can spend your time focused on your recovery.
When you’re ready to learn more, just call our Port St. Lucie car accident attorneys and schedule a free initial consultation.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Florida?
Under Florida law, most car accident victims have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
After the four-year statute of limitations passes, you lose your right to seek compensation for your losses.
Contact a Port St. Lucie Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you injured in a car accident? Call Kibbey Wagner to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Port St. Lucie car accident lawyer today.
With our experienced team by your side, you’ll greatly improve the odds of maximizing your compensation award.
Port St. Lucie Auto Repair Shops
- Coastal Choice Customs – 486 NW Lake Whitney Pl, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986, United States
- ABC CLASSIC RESTORATION CORP – 460 NW Concourse Pl, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986, United States
- St Lucie West Auto Repair – 1343 NW Saint Lucie West Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986, United States
- All Roads Truck & Auto Repair – 1325 SW South Macedo Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34983, United States
- Classic Collision Port Saint Lucie – 1048 SW Biltmore St, Port St. Lucie, FL 34983, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.