Rear-end crashes are one of the most frequently-occurring types of motor vehicle accidents. If you were injured in a rear-end crash that was not your fault in Stuart, Florida, you may have the right to receive compensation from the at-fault party for the damages you have suffered.
However, you will need to be able to establish that you suffered a serious injury and that the other driver was negligent. The Stuart car accident attorneys at Kibbey Wagner, PLLC can help you meet your legal burden. Call (772) 444-7000 or contact our law firm online today and request a free consultation.
How Can Our Stuart Car Accident Lawyers Help After a Rear-End Crash?
If you are seriously injured in a car accident, you want to know that you are in trusted hands. When you hire Kibbey Wagner, PLLC, you know you will be.
Partner Jordan R. Wagner is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law and is a former insurance defense lawyer – experience and knowledge our firm draws upon when representing personal injury victims. Our firm has received local and national recognition, including being a member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and receiving a “Superb” rating on Avvo, a website that rates and reviews lawyers nationwide.
Our Stuart rear-end crash lawyers can capably handle all aspects of your car accident claim, including:
- Connecting you with qualified medical providers
- Gathering evidence to establish liability and damages in your claim
- Handling communications with third parties on your behalf
- Negotiating for fair compensation on your behalf
- Advising you of your legal rights and options at every phase of your case
We welcome you to contact our law office in Stuart, FL today for a free case review to discuss how our legal team can help.
What Are Common Causes of Rear-End Collisions?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 1.7 million rear-end collisions occur every year, resulting in the death of 1,700 people and injuring half a million more.
Some of the most common causes of these collisions include:
- Inattention and distraction
Often, rear-end car accidents occur because the rear driver does not provide enough space between their vehicle and the one in front of them. When the vehicle in front stops, the rear driver may not have enough time to stop before crashing into the back of the vehicle.
What Are Common Injuries Stemming from Rear-End Accidents?
Rear-end accidents can result in various types of injuries, including:
- Disc herniation
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
Florida law requires all drivers to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance that covers their medical expenses and certain other expenses, regardless of who is at fault. However, if you suffered a “serious injury” as defined under Florida law, you can pursue a claim against the at-fault party.
Serious injuries include:
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical certainty
Our Stuart rear-end crash attorneys will help you identify all avenues for compensation, including insurance claims and a personal injury lawsuit if applicable.
Who Is Liable for a Rear-End Accident in Stuart, FL?
The Official Florida Driver License Handbook has the following comments regarding rear-end accidents:
- Rear-end collisions are almost always caused by drivers following too closely.
- Rear-end accidents are usually caused by not paying attention to traffic flow or following others too closely.
- Maintaining a large enough following distance greatly helps avoid a collision with the vehicle in front of you.
- The more distance between your vehicle and others, the more time you have to react.
The book instructs drivers to maintain a minimum following distance of four seconds and more when there are poor weather or traffic conditions.
While the rear driver is often found at fault for rear-end collisions, there are certain times when the front driver may be at fault. Talk to an experienced rear-end accident lawyer in Stuart to learn who may be responsible for your accident.
What To Do After a Rear-End Car Accident in Stuart, Florida
Accident scenes are quickly cleaned up, so you will want to take quick action to protect your health and legal interests, including:
- Reporting the accident to authorities
- Requesting an ambulance if you or another person involved in the accident is injured
- Collecting the other driver’s information
- Asking witnesses for their information
- Taking pictures of your injuries, the damage to vehicles, the accident scene, and any other relevant information
- Requesting a copy of the accident report
- Following up with your medical treatment
- Keeping track of all documents and evidence related to the crash
Contact an experienced Stuart rear-end accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your collision and the compensation you can seek.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers in Stuart, FL Today for a Free Case Review
If you were injured in a rear-end accident in or around Stuart, FL, the legal team at Kibbey Wagner, PLLC is ready to assist you. We can help you pursue compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering you have suffered because of the actions of a negligent driver. Contact us today and request a free case review.