A hit-and-run driver can change a person’s life in just a few seconds. Their negligence can cause life-altering injuries and disabilities. Worse yet, they flee the accident scene without taking responsibility for the damage and harm they cause.
At KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers we take hit-and-run accident cases very seriously. We understand what is at stake. Our Stuart hit-and-run accident lawyers will aggressively pursue all forms of compensation to get you the money you need after your car accident.
How Our Stuart Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Hit-and-Run Accident
With more than 40 years of legal experience between us, our top-rated Florida personal injury attorneys fight for injured victims and their families. Our legal team includes Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyers.
Our lawyers have been featured on Good Morning America and NBC News. In addition, numerous legal organizations have recognized our lawyers for their outstanding legal services, including Super Lawyers, Expertise.com, and The National Trial Lawyers.
We have handled thousands of personal injury cases. Since opening our law firm in 2014, our legal team has recovered over $60 million in compensation for personal injury victims.
When you hire KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers after a hit & run accident in Stuart, FL, you can expect our legal team to:
- Investigate how the hit-and-run accident occurred to determine fault
- Cooperate with local law enforcement agencies to search for the hit-and-run driver
- File insurance claims and work to get you top-dollar insurance settlements
- Work with expert witnesses when needed
- File a lawsuit to pursue your case in court if necessary to protect your rights
You do not have to fight this battle without a lawyer. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay any attorneys’ fees until we recover money in your case.
We handle other car accident cases like:
Contact our law firm to schedule a free case review with a Stuart car accident lawyer.
Why Do Hit-and-Run Crashes Happen in Stuart, FL?
In 2022, 105,739 hit-and-run accidents occurred in Florida. Of those accidents, 649 occurred in Martin County.
Florida law requires drivers to stop at an accident scene. However, some drivers flee the accident scene instead of stopping.
Common reasons drivers run after an accident instead of stopping include:
- The driver was drunk or on drugs
- The vehicle was stolen or being used without the owner’s permission
- The driver did not have a valid driver’s license or was driving under suspension
- The driver did not have the required Florida car insurance coverage
- There was an outstanding warrant for the driver or a passenger
- The fear of being deported because they are not in the country legally
A driver who leaves an accident scene causing property damage can be charged with a misdemeanor. Leaving the scene of an accident causing injuries could be charged as a felony. In addition to criminal charges, hit-and-run drivers can be sued for damages in civil court.
Who Is Responsible for My Damages After a Hit & Run Accident In Stuart, FL?
Accident victims in Florida can recover economic and non-economic damages if they sustain serious injuries. However, the types of damages you receive depend on several factors. The availability of insurance coverage, the severity of your injuries, and the parties involved in the accident are factors in determining how much your hit-and-run case is worth.
The claims you might have after a hit-and-run accident in Stuart include the following:
- A claim filed with your PIP (Personal Injury Protection) insurance company
- Uninsured motorist claim filed with your insurance company
- A liability claim filed with the hit-and-run driver’s insurance company
- A claim against the hit-and-run driver’s employer if the driver was working when they caused the crash
- A personal injury lawsuit against the hit-and-run driver
- Claims against third parties whose negligence contributed to the cause of the hit-and-run accident, including other motorists, government entities, and vehicle manufacturers
Our legal team will identify all possible sources of compensation and pursue each claim. At KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, we have the resources to handle multiple claims simultaneously.
Steps to Take After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Stuart, Florida
It can be frustrating when a driver hits your car and does not stop. The steps you take after the crash can help you recover compensation for injuries and damages.
After a hit-and-run collision, you should:
- Call 911 to report the crash. Give as much information about the driver and the vehicle to the emergency operator as possible.
- Ask eyewitnesses for their names and telephone numbers.
- Write down as much as you can remember about the crash while the details are still fresh in your mind.
- Take photographs and make a video of the accident scene.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries.
Contact KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers as soon as possible to discuss your case with an experienced Stuart hit-and-run accident attorney. Our legal team can search for evidence that could be used to identify the at-fault driver.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Stuart Car Crash Lawyer
Don’t assume there is no hope for compensation if a hit-and-run driver caused your accident in Stuart, FL. There could be several sources of compensation for damages. Contact KW Stuart Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers to discuss your legal options during a free case evaluation.