Were you injured in a left-turn accident in Palm Beach Gardens, FL? At Kibbey Wagner, PLLC, we understand the complexities of these collisions. We know victims face challenges seeking fair compensation.
Our experienced team of Palm Beach Gardens car accident lawyers is here to protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve. With a track record of successful cases and a commitment to client advocacy, we are the law firm you can trust.
We are proud to have a Board Certified Civil Trial lawyer amongst our founders—an accolade granted to only the top 1% of attorneys in Florida. We are ready to leverage our skills, knowledge, and experience in your favor.
Why Choose Kibbey Wagner, PLLC After a Left-Turn Accident in Palm Beach Gardens, FL?
Kibbey Wagner, PLLC has provided relentless legal representation to personal injury victims throughout Florida. Our legal team has secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
If you need legal assistance, we’re prepared to put our experience, skills, and resources to work for you to secure a favorable outcome.
Our Palm Beach Gardens left-turn accident lawyers can help with your car accident case by:
- Investigating to determine the cause of your car crash
- Identifying all parties who are responsible for your damages
- Consulting leading experts to bolster your claim
- Calculating the fair value of your personal injury case
- Negotiating with the insurance companies to recover fair compensation
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
Contact our law offices today for a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Understanding Florida’s Left Turn Laws
Breaking this law can result in a non-moving violation and accident liability. Drivers must exercise caution and yield the right-of-way to other vehicles. Extra caution is crucial when turning left into intersections, alleys, private roads, or driveways.
The Danger of Left-Turn Accidents in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
The Florida Traffic Safety Dashboard tracks crashes in Palm Beach Gardens. In 2022, there were three fatal injuries and 13 serious injuries. Half the crashes resulting in serious injuries or fatalities were at an intersection. All three incidents in Palm Beach Gardens that led to a loss of life occurred at an intersection.
Such intersection-related accidents occur due to drivers not adhering to right-of-way rules. Left-turn accidents are particularly hazardous due to their potential for high-speed collisions.
There is also an increased tendency to impact the side of a vehicle. This collision type can result in more severe injuries. Side impacts often lack the same safety features as frontal collisions. Without protections like airbags, passengers are more likely to be injured.
Common Causes of Left-Turn Accidents in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Driver negligence is the most common cause of left-turn accidents.
Some common factors contributing to these accidents include:
- Fatigued driving
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Misjudging the distance and speed of an approaching vehicle
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
At Kibbey Wagner, PLLC, our car accident lawyers conduct thorough investigations. Our team will determine the factors contributing to the crash and identify the responsible parties.
Determining Liability for Left-Turn Accidents in Palm Beach Gardens
The driver making the left turn is often considered at fault for the accident, as they must yield the right-of-way to other approaching vehicles.
Yet, liability may be shared or shifted under certain circumstances, such as:
- The turning vehicle had a green arrow, while the other vehicle unlawfully entered the intersection.
- The oncoming vehicle ran a red light or stop sign.
- The oncoming vehicle was speeding.
- The oncoming driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, distracted, or tired.
Effective evidence is crucial in determining liability for left-turn accidents. The position of car damage or the collision location can play a role in establishing fault. Other evidence includes video footage, photographs, witness statements, and accident reconstruction reports.
What To Do After a Left-Turn Accident in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
We recommend taking the following steps if you were in a left-turn accident to protect your legal rights:
- Call 911 to report the accident and any injuries.
- Seek prompt medical attention.
- Get the other driver’s information, including contact, driver’s license, vehicle description, registration, and insurance details.
- Document the accident scene and vehicle damage with photographs.
- Gather the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Track all accident-related expenses, including medical bills, lost wages, and other financial losses.
- Refrain from speaking to insurance adjusters or signing any documents without legal representation.
- Contact an experienced car accident attorney in Palm Beach Gardens.
Our Palm Beach Gardens car accident attorneys will go the extra mile to investigate damages, negotiate favorable settlements, and, if necessary, litigate on your behalf.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Palm Beach Gardens Left-Turn Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been involved in a left-turn accident in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, don’t navigate the legal complexities alone. Contact Kibbey Wagner, PLLC for a free consultation. We’ll discuss your case and explore your legal options.
We can help you recover the compensation you deserve so you can focus on your recovery and move forward.
Call us today at (561) 944-4000 or contact us online to schedule your free case review. Remember, there are no fees unless we win your case. Let us fight for your rights and secure the justice you deserve.