Being injured because of another driver’s negligent or reckless behavior is infuriating. However, when the driver flees the accident scene, it can make a terrible situation worse. If you are in this challenging situation in Port St. Lucie, Florida, we can help.
Our Port St. Lucie car accident lawyers at Kibbey Wagner, PLLC have over 40 years of combined experience representing personal injury clients. Our experience, dedication, and diligence have helped us recover over $60 million for our clients since 2014. We have been featured on NBC News and Good Morning America.
Contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation with a Port St. Lucie hit-and-run accident attorney. Call us today at (772) 247 3374 for legal help.
How Our Port St. Lucie Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Hit-and-Run Accident
Hit-and-run accident cases can be very complicated. You might have more than one source of compensation. However, you still need to prove that the other driver caused the accident, even if you cannot locate the driver.
Our Port St. Lucie personal injury attorneys have tried thousands of cases. That experience has allowed us to build resources and skills that benefit each client. Having a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer on our team is another benefit for our clients.
Our attorneys have been recognized by local and national legal organizations, including Super Lawyers, Expertise.com, and The National Trial Lawyers. We are respected by our peers and trusted by our clients.
When you hire Kibbey Wagner, PLLC, you can trust that our Port St. Lucie car accident attorneys will:
- Protect your best interests in all aspects of your case
- Investigate the car accident to gather evidence
- Monitor investigations by law enforcement agencies
- Identify other parties who might share liability for the accident
- Determine how much your case is worth through careful documentation of damages
- Work with the top expert witnesses when needed
- Negotiate settlement agreements for the total value of your damages
- File a personal injury lawsuit and fight the case in court, if necessary
You don’t have to fight for compensation alone. Our legal team at Kibbey Wagner, PLLC, is ready to fight for you while you focus on healing and going on with life.
Call us now to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced car accident lawyer in Port St. Lucie, FL.
Why Do Hit-and-Run Accidents Happen in Port St. Lucie, FL?
Florida traffic laws require drivers to stop at a crash. Unfortunately, too many drivers ignore the law. In 2021, there were 109,646 hit-and-run crashes in Florida.
Drivers flee the scene of an accident for many reasons. Common reasons for hit & run accidents include:
- The driver does not have the required automobile insurance
- Drug and/or alcohol use
- Fear of being arrested for an outstanding warrant or other crime
- The driver does not have a valid driver’s license
- The vehicle is stolen
- The driver or a passenger is not in the country legally
A driver who does not stop after a car accident can be charged with a crime. Leaving the scene with property damage is a misdemeanor, but if the hit-and-run accident caused injuries, the charge is a felony. The driver might also face civil penalties if the accident victim files a personal injury lawsuit.
What Compensation Can I Receive After a Port St. Lucie Hit-and-Run Accident?
The types of damages you receive after a hit-and-run driver causes an accident depends on the facts of the case. The severity of your injuries, the availability of insurance, and the parties involved in the accident can impact the sources of compensation.
Potential claims you can file after a hit-and-run crash in Port St. Lucie include the following:
- A claim against your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance coverage
- A claim against the hit-and-run driver’s liability insurance
- Uninsured motorist insurance claim, if you have coverage
- A lawsuit against the driver seeking a personal judgment
- A claim against a manufacturer if a defective car part contributed to the cause of the crash
- Negligent third parties who contributed to the cause of the accident
- The hit-and-run driver’s employer if the driver was working when the crash occurred
Our experienced lawyers at Kibbey Wagner, PLLC will search for all sources of compensation. Then, we’ll aggressively pursue each claim to maximize your recovery amount.
We can also help you get compensation for other car accident cases:
- Speeding accidents
- Distracted driving
- Rear-end crashes
What Should I Do After a Hit-and-Run Crash in Port St. Lucie?
You might be in shock after a driver slams into your car and speeds away. You might also be injured. Therefore, the steps you take after a crash depend on the circumstances.
Steps to take after a hit-and-run accident include the following:
- Call 911 to report the crash and request police and medical services
- Make notes about the vehicle and the driver while they are fresh in your memory
- Ask people who stop to help for their names and contact information to give to the police
- If you can do so safely, make a video and take pictures of the accident scene
- Go to the emergency room or see a doctor as soon as possible to document your injuries
- Contact Kibbey Wagner, PLLC for help
Do not give up hope. Hit-and-run drivers are often identified because of evidence at the accident scene, eyewitness testimony, and video of the accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Port St. Lucie Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyers
A hit-and-run accident is not hopeless. We are here to help. Contact our law firm online or by phone to schedule a free case review with a Port St. Lucie car accident attorney.